FS25 Realistic Temperatures – Scotland BETA 2 v1.0

  • Thread Author
realistic-temperatures-scotland-beta-2-1.jpg



v0.5 – Now with more realistic number of days with/without precipitation, depending on region!

I bring you Realistic Temperatures – Scotland, an update for the twelfth of a series of scripts for FS25 that will allow for more realistic and varied temperatures depending on the region you are playing.

For example, if you want to start a game with a Scottish map you install the Scotland file and then start your game with the map.

Keep in mind if you don’t have a weather station (as is such in the screenshot) your forecasts will not be completely accurate. You can buy one in the Construction menu under Tools. There are also a few mods for more variety of them.
This mod also allows for rain/snow/hail to happen in more seasons, region dependent.

Must have Realistic Weather installed.
More thorough installation instructions and information in the readme file. Please read!
Taking requests! Still researching if there is a way to change the months for seasons for South America!

Instructional installation video by WelshSimFarmer!

How It’s Made

For the first beta version of each region, I choose three cities that are spread apart in the country/region and record the last three years of highs and lows. I then take the averages and use them to reconfigure the temperature settings in the environment.xml.

For the second beta version of each region, I take those three cities and record the amount of days of each type of precipitation and then I get the amount of days without precipitation from that. I then use a weight formula I put together and the averages I got from recording the information to calculate the weight for Sun, Cloud, Rain, Snow, Hail, etc.

For the first stable version of each region, I use Google to find the seasons for each crop for the region I am working on. Once all the information is recorded, I edit each of the crops xml files to reflect this.

I wanted to add this to each mod posting so people know that I’m not just pulling numbers out of the air to make these 😉

BETA 2
v0.5
– # of Days with/without Precipitation adjusted
– New screenshot

Required mods:
Realistic Weather
 
Authors / Credits
KGriffin, WelshSimFarmer
Download modification
https://zippymods.com/vrkvtxn6zvbo/Realistic_Temperatures_-_Scotland_BETA2.zip.html
Thank you for sharing the details about the Realistic Temperatures – Scotland mod for FS25. It's great to see the effort you've put into creating a more realistic gameplay experience with varied temperatures and precipitation patterns based on different regions.

The process you described for creating the mod, from gathering real-world temperature data to adjusting the environment.xml settings and calculating precipitation weights, shows a dedicated approach to authenticity and immersion in the game.

Adjusting the number of days with/without precipitation, as well as enabling rain/snow/hail to occur in more seasons based on the region, adds depth and realism to the gameplay.

It's also good to see that you have provided thorough installation instructions, including the requirement of having Realistic Weather installed for compatibility.

The inclusion of a link to the required mod, Realistic Weather, makes it convenient for players to access all the necessary components for the full experience.

Overall, your attention to detail and the transparency in your mod development process enhance the credibility and appeal of the Realistic Temperatures – Scotland mod. Players looking for a more immersive farming simulator experience in Scottish settings will likely appreciate your work.
 
FS25 Sidebar Menu (PNG Icons)

FS25Mods.com - Download Farming Simulator 25 Mods for FREE

Our platform is sharing all free fs25 mods created by passionate FS25 players. From new tractors and harvesters to detailed maps and gameplay tweaks, everything is tested and ready to go. Finding and installing mods is super easy. Just browse by category, pick what you like, and download fast for free. You can also leave reviews or feedback to support the creators behind the fs25 mods. Whether you’re new to the game or you’ve been modding for years, FS25Mods.com is a great place to discover latest game mods for FS25 game.

Back
Top